Southern Chapter Memorial Scholarship
in honor of
To provide a scholarship that can assist students pursuing a higher education in fields related to professional tree care and maintenance within the area of the Southern Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture.
This scholarship program is funded through the International Society of Arboriculture-Southern Chapter as a memorial to Thomas G. Dedrick, Dustin L. Heitschmidt. & Michael Zarichnak
The amount of the scholarship will range from $500.00 - $1,500.00 for one academic year provided in a single payment during the fall semester or quarter
Screening and selection of scholarship candidates will be by a Scholarship Selection Committee composed of International Society of Arboriculture-Southern Chapter members. The number of individual scholarships awarded, if any, is at the discretion of the International Society of Arboriculture-Southern Chapter Selection Committee. All decisions are final. The scholarship funds can be used for tuition, fees, and books in the full-time pursuit of a college degree.
Each applicant is responsible for all of the following materials being received by the Scholarship Selection Committee on or before May 1 of the year of the award:
- Completed and signed scholarship application form.
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member in the College/University
- An official transcript(s) of courses and grades covering a period of at least one full academic year just prior to applying for this scholarship.
- A letter (no more than one page) from the applicant to the Scholarship Selection Committee describing personal background, major accomplishments, and educational and professional goals.
- This scholarship is a one-time, non-renewable grant. Any tax obligation arising from the award is the responsibility of the recipient.
- Applicants must be full-time sophomores, juniors, or seniors currently enrolled in college.
- No application will be considered until all materials have been received by the Scholarship Selection Committee on or before May 1 each year for fall enrollment of that year.
- No application materials received after May 1 will be considered.
- All applicants will be notified of their status by June 1.
- This scholarship is awarded for the purpose of attending a specific institution to study arboriculture, urban forestry, forestry, horticulture, or related fields. The recipient may not transfer to another institution or field of study during the award year except by prior notification of the Scholarship Selection Committee.
- Each applicant is personally responsible for meeting all application deadlines. This scholarship is awarded without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, or handicap status. All applicants must be United States of America citizens.
- All applicants must be residents and students within the geographic area of the International Society of Arboriculture-Southern Chapter: Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas, Puerto Rico, and US Virgin Islands.